by Jenny Gaal, Fitness Director
Many will admit that the holidays are a very stressful time. So it is no surprise that most Americans will gain between 1 and 3 pounds during the holidays—and most will not lose this extra weight. Finding healthy ways to manage stress is imperative! Here are 10 effective tips:
- Focus on the Positive.
- Let Go of the Past- Stay in the Present
- Maintain Your Routine, especially Exercise
- Hold Realistic Expectations
- Start making Healthy Family Holiday Traditions
- Drink Warm Water-To maintain an active digestive system, drink half your body weight in ounces of water each day. You can boost your metabolism by drinking warm water so your body has to work to bring it to your core body temperature.
- Eat Mindfully
- Replace Emotional Eating with an Activity
Quickest reminder, keep the definition of holiday in mind…. a day of festivity or recreation when no work is done.
Have a really wonderful and restful Holiday Season!!