Your fittest, happiest year starts here!!
Here are the Top 10: Reasons To Work with a Trainer and take Group Fitness Classes:
1. You’ll Look and Feel Better- This is obvious right? Let’s clarify – I see many people exercise for years who never look any better…..an intelligent program will absolutely deliver results and help improve self-esteem, confidence, and self worth. The benefits of looking better don’t just end with a smaller waist line. Another obvious reason, how many people know just how much they can improve their health through fitness? Regular exercise can help fight osteoporosis, lower cholesterol and blood pressure, reduce the risk of cardio vascular diseases and help prevent the onset of dementia and other mental ailments. Plus it keeps hormone levels from declining as rapidly which maintains muscle mass and keeps your metabolism high. Many daily aches and pains seemingly disappear overnight when you embark on a regular exercise program.
2. Motivation and Consistency- Personal trainers are great coaches, educators, motivators and cheerleaders. It is proven that scheduling regular fitness classes or appointments with your trainer help eliminate excuses and keep you on track.
3. Safety and Individualized Instruction- Proper form is imperative for not only effective results but injury prevention. There is no cookie cutter workout that works for all. Interactive exercise with a certified trainer will aid you in reaching your personal goals with interactive instruction insuring proper form and increasing intensity/ weight load when appropriate.
4. You’ll Be A Role Model – Have children? Setting an example by living a healthy, active lifestyle is inspirational to not only children but the rest of your family, co-workers, friends and society in general by being a role model, and showing what difference fitness can make to your life. Exercise is contagious – so start sending out the right messages!
5. You’ll Feel Part Of A Community – Make no mistake about it, the fitness world is a community and you can make many friends within it. Especially in a group fitness setting, many people who meet in the gym carry their relationship out into the outside world. It’s fun to meet new people with similar interests, goals and struggles. Finding a true support system is the key to success!
6. It’ll Improve Your Brain Power – Sure, most people see exercise as a way to tone up and lose weight but many changes also take place within the brain. Your ability to focus, coordinate and multi task can be greatly enhanced through the use of a regular exercise program. It tunes your mind as well as your muscles and sharpens your ability to send a stronger signal.
7. You’ll Feel Happier – Outside of looking and feeling better, exercise also releases dopamine and endorphins that have a drug–like effect on your body and mind. In some cases, exercise can produce feelings of euphoria and pleasure. Research also shows that those who suffer from mild depression and who also exercise get “out of the slump” much faster than those who don’t and experience similar effects to a control group taking depression meds! That’s impressive!!
8. You’ll Have More Energy – No doubt about it, exercise jacks up your energy levels and can help make you more productive in almost every aspect of your life. Wouldn’t it be nice to not feel sluggish, lethargic and be more alert? Plus you’ll sleep better too / be more rested, which adds to the feeling of being refreshed and ready to take on the world.
9. Feeling of Accomplishment – Really nothing rivals the feeling of empowerment that comes from being able to take charge of your health, how you look and how you feel. It’s truly life changing in every way, and can help teach you how to set goals, form a plan, and achieve success in other areas of your life..
10. It’s 2015- Happy New Year!!
Our exciting new program is under the direct supervision of our Fitness Director, Jenny Gaal. Jenny joined our team in November and teaches in our Pre School Program in addition to designing and Directing our Fitness Program!
Jenny holds 3 National fitness certifications (NASM, ISSA, AFAA). She is the former fitness director at Sky High Sports teaching from ages 7 to 70 including training special needs kid classes. She is the Fitness contributor for Absolutely Memorial and Absolutely Katy magazines. Jenny is a former gymnast, and currently competitive in both marathons and triathlons.
As a mother of three Jenny understands the importance of time and therefore the necessity to keep exercise Fun, Effective and Efficient!